You’re at the starting line. Sweat is already dripping and your heart is pounding. Waiting anxiously for the gun shot, then someone sneezes… BAM! You’re off only to have to start over again.
Yeah, that was me last week. I was revved up and ready to start my challenge and BAM, I sneezed and no homemade dinner all week. Woops! So, let’s try that again shall we.
This week’s menu
This week’s menu was brought to you by the letter G, for “Get going”! A majority of these recipes come from cookbooks that I’ll link you to on Amazon, but those that I got online will have a link for you to follow.
- Sunday: Gingerbread Spiced Dutch Baby by The Smitten Kitchen with My New Roots’s Ginger Plum Compote
- Monday: Brussels Sprouts Breakfast Tostadas by Love & Lemons
- Tuesday: Hot Oatmeal w/ Fruit & Wild Honey by Responsive Cooking *cough* me!
- Wednesday: Tempeh Mushroom Breakfast Bowl by My New Roots
- Thursday: Peach Pie Protein Overnight Oats from Amy’s Healthy Baking
- Friday: Avocado Toast w/ Tomato and Herbs improve morning by me
- Saturday: Manna from Heaven by Hell’s Backbone Grill
- Sunday: Apricot Lamb Tagine by Cooking Light w/ sauteed green beans and couscous
- Monday: Spicy Chickpea Burgers w/ Baked Fries by Oh She Glows
- Tuesday: Garlic Chicken Chaat w/ Mint-Yogurt Chutney from Made in India by Meera Sodha
- Wednesday: Creamy Miso Brussels Sprout Fettuccine from Love & Lemons
- Thursday: Posole by Cooking Light w/ Brown Sugar Blue Cornbread from Hell’s Backbone Grill lovely cookbook
- Friday: Chile-Crusted Filet Mignon by amazing Hell’s Backbone Grill with Sundown Carrot and Grilled Corn Salad w/ quinoa brought to you by My New Roots by Sarah Britton
- Saturday: Break time!!!
Weekly Specials Menu
- Snack: Roasted Red Pepper & Walnut Dip by My New Roots by Sarah Britton
- Bread: Brown Sugar Blue Cornbread from Hell’s Backbone Grill lovely cookbook
- Dessert: Lemon Chiffon Pie by the reliable America’s Test Kitchen. I actually got this recipe off of episode 24 of season 14 on Netflix because I don’t have an ATK subscription.
Now that I have my menu set up for the week, I guess I better get going. I’ll provide feedback on recipes and provide another menu for next week. See y’all later!